As promised I got good news, Monday I tested for my Red Belt. Guess what I passed with a 89%. Let us just say I did the same mistake six times and as a result I lost six points. Can’t really complain however I did a good job.
Anyways the testing was fun I broke a pine board with a punch and then I broke two with a kick. It was fun however I came home with scratches.
Sparring was a different however I still had fun. So I was sparring someone I have never sparred before and I guess I had intimidated her during my patterns so she always stayed away from me. I was forced to use a lot of long kicks and I would leave myself open (I guess). All that needs to be said is that she got a good turning kick on my chin. Thank God I was wearing a mouth guard.
Today I’m posting to tell everyone what I have accomplished up until now to reach my goals and what I’m planning on doing.
- 99% in all my sciences|No science classes yet
- 94% in my maths|No math classes either
- Get accepted for university|Next year maybe
- Get a job|After the winter break
- Get my Drivers License|Need to practice more
- Start Regular D&D Games|After Christmas?
- Become a black belt in Taekwon do|I got news worthy of it’s own post.
- Start going to other Taekwon do clubs regularly|After Christmas
- Learn C/C++ and Assembly|I have written a basic calculator
- Practice Socket based programing, GTK+ (GTKMM) and OpenGL|Read the documentation on the official website
- I would also want to learn to use Arduino (Ethernet Shield anyone?)|No arduino yet 😦
- Have fully migrated to linux|I got Ubuntu installed.
I’m going to be cleaning up my computer one day during the break going to be setting up Ubuntu and Windows 7 like I have right now. Reasons why: I badly partitioned my HHD so now I am stuck with 28 GB of space in my Windows Partition and I suspect I might be getting one or two video games for Christmas.
Hello everyone. Just here to say hello.
This blog will be the blog of the evolution of a nerd.
I will start as a lowly High School Student that will graduate in 555 days.
- 99% in all my sciences
- 94% in my maths
- Get accepted for university
- Get a job
- Get my Drivers license
- Start Regular D&D Games
- Become a black belt in Taekwon do
- Start going to other Taekwon do clubs regularly
- Learn C/C++, Assembly
- Practice Socket based programing, GTK+ (GTKMM) and OpenGL
- I would also want to learn to use Arduino (Ethernet Shield anyone?)
- Have fully migrated to linux